Monday, January 9, 2012

Incomming

Some concepts for a post-apocalyptic story I'm working on.  Due to pollution humanity has adapted in different ways.  One was to live in glass bubble-cities where large amounts of plants can create breathable air.  Another was to live in airships above the layers of pollution.  For this scenario, an airship has discovered the existence of the bubble cities and is descending to raid it for resources.

In all honesty though, I really just wanted an excuse to try painting a bunch of different things.  One was texture.  I had rather failed in that department in my last painting and wanted to redeem myself.  The clouds gave me the perfect opportunity, and I'm rather happy with the variety in the sky too.  I also wanted to paint something glowing.  That's where the ships lights came in.  The dome glows too to some extent, though that was purely for compositional purposes.  I ended up adding reflections to the dome because oh man, it looked like a planet for the longest time.

This took me about a month on and off around other schoolwork.  It's done in acrylic on illustration board.

No comments:

Post a Comment