Monday, January 9, 2012

Blood Mage

This was part of a set of badass women who are involved somehow with a dead body (or 2).  She came out particularly well which is why I'm sharing her here.  This one in particular is a blood mage, she can manipulate blood and is only limited in what she can do by her imagination.  As part of the process to obtain such magic she has inscribed herself with the white tattoo markings on her dark skin.  Her eyes also lost their irises, matching the tattoos, but they did not loose their sight.  Golden wavy hair perpetually floats due to the output of magical energy from her body.

I decided to draw all of them with mechanical pencil, though the blood was largely shaded with a woodless 4b to keep myself from going insane.  Shadows were all done with cross-hatching, and I did my best to pay attention to representing different textures from the thick fabric to the sheer fabric, from her skin to her hair to the leather straps.  It was an interesting challenge that took forever to complete but I'm glad I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment