Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wyk


Medium:  Plasteline Clay
Time:  On and off over the course of a few months

Fun facts:
*This is Wyk, a character of mine that I had done in a Dungeons and Dragons campaign.  He is a Bariaur...which is similar to a centaur but goat instead of horse.  He is no supposed to be bald...I'm working on it.
*The inside is styrofoam with pvc piping and armature wire for structure, keeps it light(er).
*The eyes are doll-eyes purchased from D&J Hobby.  They were just the right shade of blue.
*The teeth were modeled after my own teeth.  I had made a press-mold out of wax, then pressed in model-magic and re-defined some details before letting it dry.
*The horns alone I spent over 48 hours STRAIGHT on to get them to the point you see them at.  Still not completely satisfied, so may go back and work on them even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment